Monday, February 28, 2011

Reflections on Jane Eyre

1) I think I would probably end up staying with him. Jane is very in love with Rochester and if I were, in her position, I wouldn't be able to just walk away from him. I think if the circumstances were different, then she'd have more of a reason to leave and be done with him, but it's not completely his fault.

2) I really enjoyed this book, more than I thought I would. At first, I thought I wouldn't like it because of the writing style and the language. But once I started reading it and the story started picking up, I wanted to keep reading. I got used to the writing style and that made it a lot easier to read. I think one thing that really made the book as good as it was, is Jane's personality. It's interesting to keep reading about her and what she's going to do, because she acts differently then the typical governess is supposed to. She has a lot of independence.

3) I do think this book should continue to be taught in College Literature. It gives us a new perspective on reading, one that many of us haven't really experienced. The writing style is different and at times difficult to understand, but that's the point. This is a class that is meant to prepare us for the readings we will face in college and I think Jane Eyre is a good book to help expose us to that reading level.

No comments:

Post a Comment