Monday, March 14, 2011

Graphic Novels

I'm not really that familiar with graphic novels or comic books. I've never really read comics or anything besides in the newspaper. I'm not necessarily opposed to them, they just haven't really interested me or caught my attention.

My first impression of Persepolis is that it looks pretty interesting. I think it is cool how it is based off of her childhood and it is also a novel about coming of age and growing up. That follows our theme throughout the quarter so it will be interesting to see Satrapi's take on coming of age.

3 comments:

  1. Good post shelby, I can relate with you on this one. I have never really gotten into comic books, but so far Persepolis seems like it could be pretty good. I'm excited to see where this book is going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am like you in that I am not very familiar with graphic novels. I have really only read the comics in the newspaper and a few comic books. I also thought that Persepolis was interesting and I liked how it was about her childhood. I learned a lot about Iran and what it would be like to have grown up there from this book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though I collect comic books I'm actually in the same boat as you. I dont' read them when I get them, I honestly keep them in their plastic rap, I think its more special that way. The book was really interesting and I'm really glad we read it.

    ReplyDelete