Sunday, March 6, 2011

Jane Eyre: The Movie

Well we've started watching the Jane Eyre movie and I'm not really sure how I feel about it yet. I've noticed quite a few things that are different in the movie, but there are still similarities.

Some of the similarities that I've noticed so far:
-Jane is close to Bessie.
-She tells off Mrs. Reed as she leaves Gateshead.
-Jane is accused of lying and is shunned at school.
-She leaves Lowood to become a governess.

Some of the differences I've noticed so far:
-She was never sent to the red room at Gateshead.
-Once at Lowood, she was never punished and sent out to walk in the rain with Helen.
-Where is Mrs. Temple?
-In the movie, she says she's been at Lowood for eight years, but never teaches there.
-The crazy laugh from upstairs is high pitched and witch-like, but the book says it's low and loud.

Those are just some of the comparisons I noticed but I'm sure there were some that I didn't catch. What other things did you see?

1 comment:

  1. Great post and I like how you showed both similarities and differences! I also noticed that Jane went searching for the laugh and found Grace Poole and got yelled at by her. Also, the book says the Mr. Mason was attacked in his bed, but the movie showed him going to look for his sister and her attacking him outside her "holding cell."

    ReplyDelete